Virtually any Canadian company (or even individual) is eligible to apply for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) Investment Tax Credits (ITCs).
What Criteria Must Be Satisfied
- The R & D being claimed must have taken place within Canada
- The company should have proof that money was spent related to the claimed projects (T4s, cancelled cheques, invoices, etc.)
- The company claiming the SRED project must have ownership of the Intellectual Property resulting from the project
- The company must be up-to-date with respect to their government financial reporting
- The project expenses being claimed must have been incurred within the previous 18 months from the fiscal year-end being filed