Who is Eligible to make an SRED Claim

Virtually any Canadian company (or even individual) is eligible to apply for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) Investment Tax Credits (ITCs).

What Criteria Must Be Satisfied

  • The R & D being claimed must have taken place within Canada
  • The company should have proof that money was spent related to the claimed projects (T4s, cancelled cheques, invoices, etc.)
  • The company claiming the SRED project must have ownership of the Intellectual Property resulting from the project
  • The company must be up-to-date with respect to their government financial reporting
  • The project expenses being claimed must have been incurred within the previous 18 months from the fiscal year-end being filed